share this via

liking what we do here?

this site is advert free. your donations assist with keeping us online - click below to help us meet our technology costs

donations

enhancement: activity page now supports advanced filtering

ura soul
    by ura soul replies (9)

a great new feature has been added to ureka that makes the activity page much more useful. you can now filter the main activity list to only show items within specific zones, from all of your zones, within specific time periods, of a particular type (such as videos, thoughts and photos) - plus any combination of these options.

this means that if you want to see, for example: all the activity in the community zone from your friends in the last month or all the videos added to the holistic healing zone it is now easy to do this right from the main activity page.

your options are saved in a browser cookie from your previous visit, meaning that every time you view the activity page you will be able to pickup where you left off. to easily reset the filter options just press the 'reset all filters' button.

let me know if you find any bugs or have any suggestions for improvements with this feature and i'll look to include it in a future upgrade.

injoy!

admin of this community, co-creator of reality & lover of life!

replies

• ura soul

by ura soul

i have just fixed a couple of minor issues with this feature and continue to test it - so far all is well.

• ura soul

by ura soul

in case you weren't aware, there has always been a media library area, where you can view all the videos, pages and others types of 'things' in the site - but yes, not being able to sort and filter was a significant problem. i'll probably add some other improvements to the features in the future. my next task though is to upgrade the entire site to the latest version of the social software framework i am using... this will significantly improve the page loading times and add other benefits too. the flipside is that it will take me a lot of work to do it. i think i might be able to get it done within a week, maybe two.

• ura soul

by ura soul

yes, i agree. i did intend to put pretty much everything on one page - but the other coders that make the framework didn't really like that approach and although i can deviate from them, it often means more work for me if i do and i can only do so much. maybe at some point i will find a way to eliminate most of the other pages. :)

• ura soul

by ura soul

i just like the idea of being able to search and view lists of all the 'things' in one place. if that is perfected then the other lists/pages become somewhat redundant. at some point i will put a keyword search feature into the list filter options and also a 'start' and 'end' date option.. plus the ability to sort the activity stream in useful ways.

• ura soul

by ura soul

i have upgraded this feature further, so now there are date range pickers that allow lists to be shown for specific date ranges (to and from) - plus there is a 'go' button that means there is now no need to reload the page every time a filter option is changed... just set the filters how you want them to be and then hit 'go'.

• ura soul

by ura soul

@tanyal - what in particular is broken?

• ura soul

by ura soul

when you click the date fields there is meant to be a popup with a calendar in it. you need to click a day number to set a specific day before it will have any effect. i decided not to make the text version of the date editable since i thought it would be simpler... lol

i just found there is a bug when i use it in chromium, so i'll fix that in a bit.. but that is not the same issue you are having.

• ura soul

by ura soul

@tanyal - so you are opening a popup, clicking a date and year, then clicking a day number .. and then what occurs? does the popup close down? is the box that contains the date number sequence then empty? thanks

• ura soul

by ura soul

i see, ok - i'll do some more testing here.

total: 9