share this via

liking what we do here?

this site is advert free. your donations assist with keeping us online - click below to help us meet our technology costs

donations

interested in testing a new text/audio/video chat system for ureka?

ura soul
    by ura soul replies (1)

i have been busy here installing and testing a new plugin for integrating a rich set of features for audio and video chat into ureka.org. so far it is the best option i have tested and i am impressed with what it can do. features include:

• realtime text chat in rooms (suitable for chat for ureka's zone members to talk together).
    • private or group video/audio chat - allowing us to see and hear each other in realtime.
    • record audio in realtime and add it to the flow of text chat for all to hear.
    • share files in the chat.
    • automatically render images and media from webpages/links that are shared.
    • and more!

if you would like to test the system out, you can do by visiting https://www.ureka.org/chat.

at present you will need to create an account in the chat system that is separate to your existing sign-in details for ureka.org because the chat has not been fully connected to ureka.org's database. once testing is completed this will be resolved and everyone will be automatically signed-in to the chat app just by visiting it.

here's a screenshot of the initial screen in the chat system, so you can see the layout:

"the ureka chat interface - v.0.1" added by ura soul

if you have any questions, let me know!

thanks

admin of this community, co-creator of reality & lover of life!

replies

• ura soul

by ura soul

i've been testing this chat system with Rafael Afghaen Draemwaever and most of it works really nicely. unfortunately, the audio/video chat is not working at present.. so i am in the process of finding a solution there.

admin of this community, co-creator of reality & lover of life!
      total: 1