• light
  • dark

share using

liking what we do here?

this site is advert free. your donations assist with keeping us online - click below to help us meet our technology costs

donations

shouting thread

• ura soul

by ura soul

It is an evolutionary act to stop participating in artificial hierarchy completely. :)

• SoulFish

Too late. Did that ages ago. lol. There are SO many things that are not worth participating in these days and just as many really good things, like this site. I really dig what you're trying to build here and I know you will succeed...rather ARE succeeding. Keep up the good work.

• ura soul

thanks! i appreciate the appreciation! :) - I'm considering finding a way of integrating a cryptocurrency in here, so that we actually get paid for every post like some other sites do. I'm in two minds about it because I prefer that we all stop using money completely - however, while we are using money we might as well get the benefit of getting paid for helping change the planet!

• SoulFish

Putting money in the hands of the right people can't be wrong.

• ura soul

it's a complicated subject because our 'money' is actually counter productive 'debt' and basically enslaves us all. so many twists!

• SoulFish

I'm guessing you mean in the big picture? Rent, bills, basic needs=debt? Or do you mean, for example, credit card debt? Mortgage? Stuff like that? I mean SOME kinds of debt are a choice.

• ura soul

the majority of the 'money' in the system doesn't actually exist - it is loans/credit, literally made from nothing - which interest being charged on the 'loan'. This has the effect that it is impossible for everyone to pay the 'debt' in full because there isn't even enough 'money' in existence. Due to this and other such malicious policies, the actual value of 'money' is generally a negative number, meaning that you technically have more if you have none of it.

• SoulFish

by SoulFish

Then I am rich, lol. Actually, I have never had a credit card in my life. I owe nobody anything. I get what you are saying though, I used to work at a bank, I saw it every day and every day was glad to not be involved. It was sad to see.

• ura soul

by ura soul

the really twisted part is that you don't need to have a credit card or a loan to be involved in the debt. the dollars and other currencies are themselves debt currencies - there is no escape from the debt as long as you use them - it's just that the form the debt takes is not so obvious until you do the maths that looks at the system as a whole. You ARE rich though - the pulse that generates all wealth is your own!

• SoulFish

by SoulFish

I hear you, but still, how I live is pretty shocking to most and while I may be the tiniest fracture a part of what you're talking about due to the fact that there are necessary purchases I must make, I'm happy to say I am far less ensnared by debt than most.

• ura soul

by ura soul

sure, yes - very good! the more general 'debt slavery' is one that is all around us in the political speak and policies used by governments and corporations - we can avoid it to some extent, but it is sucking the life out of much of society, sometimes in less than obvious ways.