• light
  • dark

share using

voice, video & text chat

liking what we do here?

this site is advert free. your donations assist with keeping us online - click below to help us meet our technology costs

donations

shouting thread

• ura soul

by ura soul

when faced with heartlessness, the heartless will propose further heartlessness as a 'solution'.

• Amy

by Amy

I work in the nursing home business specifically with dementia patients and see this daily! So sad that most staff cannot understand the concept of our Alzheimer's patients exhibiting "behaviors" as a form of communication. Rather than listening to them or attempting to figure out why they're having such a difficult time, nurses are taught to drug them up with psychiatric medications to quiet them down instead causing more issues in the long run. Lots of times, if they are yelling out or showing distress, there is a reason. They may need changed, may be cold, may be experiencing pain or may just need a drink. I wish nursing school taught more than just medication administration...but I suppose you cant teach compassion; its something that needs to be learned. I just wish our residents didn't have to suffer in the meantime. It breaks my heart... I am thinking about a career change but I have been in this business for 13 years. I would not even know where to begin at this point! #innerverse... just throwing that in there lol

• ura soul

greetings! yes, there is a culture of denial on this planet that is every bit as dysfunctional as the health issues that the 'medical professionals' involved claim to be 'helping'. it is akin to smothering a child for crying. i feel though that compassion can be taught and inspired since many of us have never experienced it in a true way and we can be sparked into awareness through contacting true compassion. that said, many require inner healing before they are capable of empathy and the evolution needed to become balanced and to embody loving light. i am sure that someone with your awareness, experience and desire will not have a problem finding a new door to open in life, you simply need to understand what is right for you. i completely dropped out of 'money making' when i realised that the vast majority of clients i might have in the world of systems engineering offer absolutely nothing to humanity and the planet.. however, the more i have sought others to co-create a better future with - the more doors are open to me to do the things i want and need to do. <3

• Amy

by Amy

I am very glad to hear that. I have been feeling as if I am in a bit of a rut lately and doing my best not to let it pull me down. It is inspiring to hear your side and a bit of your story. Thanks so much!:)

• innerverse

There is no one-size fits all solution to human healing. I am glad that a warm heart like yourself is involved with caring for our elderly human family. I'll record your entry to the contest, as well! :)

• Amy

by Amy

<3 ;)

• Amuro Antoine Kazama (A2K)

Thats obvious to hear, but you need to urs-soul and amy understand that 'everything in this world is a tool, no matter how karmatic it may be.

• Amuro Antoine Kazama (A2K)

That's because they are no-bodies imposing as somebody to you.

• ura soul

well, they do all have a body - but usually no heart to balance them